Friday, August 25, 2017

The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Thursday Evening



And now it is Thursday evening.


"Ain't no way I'm gonna be at Wal-Mart in no 15 minutes," said the friendly bus driver to me as I got on the 115 across from the library.


I'm going to be showing up at the plasma place about 15 minutes before they are scheduled to close at 7 PM.


But, if they are open until that time, then they would have to take me in, I suppose. I imagine they are typically there an hour past their closing time to allow for people to be drained who walk in at that time...I'll see...



10 Minutes Before Closing


I walked in the Octaplasma place at 7:50 PM. There was an employee manning the door, waiting to lock it at exactly 8 PM.


I am glad that, I assume it is company policy for them not to close early.


Unlike the Family Dollar store at the corner of Broad Avenue and Canal streets, which I have arrived at 11 minutes before the "official" closing time, to find locked up and the employees inside scrambling to wrap up their tasks so they can leave.


11 minutes earlier than they would be otherwise.


Really, 11 minutes are that important? As important as whatever it is that the person who might have jogged a half mile in order to make it there on time needs? Like batteries for a spotlight so he can play under illumination and make 3 times as much as he would sitting in the dark?


So, they took me in at Octapharma, and I sold my plasma and walked out of there at about 8:35 with 30 dollars credited to my plasma card.


A few odds and ends like food for myself and Harold the cat at Wal-Mart later, and that balance had been carved down to 17 dollars and change.


Then I purchased a gallon of spring water, and got 10 dollars cash back, which drained all but 3 bucks off of the thing, like blood proteins out of my veins.


The spring water is necessary because they are doing construction on Canal Street, involving pipes that are 180 years old and they are encountering a lot of lead, which is being stirred up by their activities and has become measurable in the tap water "that we all drink."


The construction has also closed down a stretch of Canal Street so that I have to walk the last half mile to the Uxi Duxi kava kava bar, where I have been blogging from lately.


It will take probably a few months of posting almost daily in order to recoup the readership which dropped off over the period of a month or so when I was only posting once a week.



You've just read: 460 words. POWERED BY ↁ DANIEL-SOFT TEXT 

SOLUTIONS ↁ
But, wait, There's more...
Friday Evening: Tropical Storm Harvey Nearby
I'm at the Uxi Duxi, which is my go-to blogging spot now. At least I will now post almost daily, I suppose, as this has become a daily routine.
Food Stamp Glitch
When I spoke to someone from the food stamp office as part of my yearly evaluation, I made the mistake of telling her that I was a self employed busker who worked 30 hours per week.
I should have said "per month."

I got a letter stating that my monthly food allocation would be reduced to 137 bucks per month, down from $194.
As it is, my food money runs out with about 12 days left on the typical month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.