Wednesday, July 15, 2015

4 Years Ago Today

It is Wednesday.
If I take tonight off from busking, I will tie my record for the most consecutive days taken off from busking, since I came to New Orleans in July of 2011.
That record was set during Tropical Storm Lee, which raged for about 4 days, not long after I came here, making busking impractical.
I remember hunkering down with Sue, the Colombian lady, in the stairwell of the Marriot Hotel on Canal Street, watching the palm trees doing a spasmodic dance in the wind and rain.
I am back on a juice fast, and haven't drank alcohol in 2 days as of this writing.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.