Monday, November 4, 2013

We Stick Together

It's Monday morning.
I woke up at Leslies apartment at around noon, thinking that it would have been around 1 p.m., had we not fallen back on the clocks yesterday.
We had gotten there at about 3 in the morning, after hitting Uniques before it closed.
Danielle At 1 A.M.
Before that, we had to dispatch with a young lady, perhaps a stripper, who had kind of latched on to me as I made my way to Leslies' the first time at about 1:00, laden with some excellent food which I had gotten outside of Rouses, to include Greek Salads.
She seemed to sense that I was on my way to a dwelling, using her nesting instincts, and fell in beside me as I walked.
She was pretty enough in a "girl who is probably 20, but looks more like 29" kind of way -heavy makeup on her eyes, which were passably pretty but not even in the same galaxy as Tanya Huangs eyes.
When we got to the gate and after I rang the buzzer; Leslie emerged; and seeing two people, became apprehensivive.
I tried to tell the young lady that she was not free to just walk into my friends house with me, unannounced and unknown and uninvited.
Leslie came and opened the gate; whereupon the young lady just about fainted into his arms. ...a guy with an apartment who seems more like a lamb than a lion; pinch me, I must be dreaming!!
"Oh, wow," said Leslie, apparently pleasantly surprised to have a young woman, whom he later described as being "young and fine," fall into his arms.
I was not so impressed with the beauty of her, seeing her as being just too tall (well over the 4 foot 7" limit which I have set for myself) and just too assertive, pushing her way through the gate with her demeanor strongly suggested that she was hinting at Leslie to "lose" his friend, so that she could spend the night with he; and perhaps embark upon an extended period of crashing nightly at his place (but never bringing to fruition any of the vague obscenities which she murmured in his ear, as she would quickly size him up, seize control, and capitalize upon his gentlemanly manners) and bringing with her who knows what kind of baggage.
For my part, if the lady had been equally flirtatious with the two of us, then I may have pursued some kind "romantic" situation whereby we could basically each eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, so to speak, but the blatancy with which she threw herself at he, while blatantly ignoring me was hard not to interpret as hinging upon the fact that it was his place, right on Bourbon Street; and not my place, right on Bourbon Street.
She tipped her hand and gave herself away (excuse the pun) by her behavior; underestimating the strength of the bond between Leslie and his friends and his skepticism about people whom he has never seen in his life who come into his living room and hug upon him.
Danger, Will Robinson!!
There could be the danger of an encounter with a jealous boyfriend first thing in the morning.
There could be sexually transmitted diseases.
There could be an episode featuring the young lady waking up screaming in the middle of the night when the police would come and hear her word; and we would be stuck with just our words...
Or, she could have eaten my Greek Salad in the middle of the night, out of the fridge...
We ditched Danielle, as that was her name.
The Last Thing We Do


A consolation is the fact that; if we ever run into her again (and it is pretty likely) she probably has the type of damaged psyche which will make her pursue us -her being more comfortable with people who kick her to the curb and get rid of her; like we did on Bourbon Street last night; than people who falsely flatter her and heap praises upon her which she believes in the depth of her subconscious mind to be a bunch of untrue horse manure; placing her upon a pedestal which she believes there is only one direction off of; and raising red flags, painting them to be just more of the same lying manipulating pigs which she believes that most men are, through her experiences with them.
Kicking her out of the house might resonate with her and she may make a vow to herself to seduce Leslie and I ...nobody kicks ME out onto the street, I've got Girl Power, I'll make them fall!!...if it is the last thing she does.
I have a couple of condoms in my pack, so it wouldn't be that last thing that we do...
90 Dollar Weekend
Other than that; there was money made this weekend.
Leslie is almost impossible to hang out with and get anything concrete accomplished, I have concluded -bless his heart. 
I think he is the textbook definition of A.D.D.
We make money when we jam together; however it is nowhere near twice the amount which I could expect to garner on my own. We are complimentary though, with his simple lines being like glue to stick toghether everything I do....
2 To 1
I am willing to take a pay cut in exchange for having company; and someone to watch the stuff during runs to the restroom; and we have settled upon a plan to split our tips with 2 portions going to myself (I am a vocalist and a guitarist and a harmonica player) and 1 portion going to him (he just contributes 1 harmonica)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.