Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Guillermo


  • Sunday Slow
  • Monday Slower
  • Food Card Charged This Morning
  • Eyeglasses Should Come Soon
  • Leslie Gets 20 Job Leads
The weekend was pretty much uneventful.
Leslie left my side to go to his place and sleep, Sunday night, during the 4th quarter of the Patriots game, which we were watching from a sidewalk a few blocks from his place.
I played a bit; working on harmonica technique and getting a few dollars; then crashed at his place.
This morning, I woke up around 9 a.m. there, and couldn't get back to sleep because of Glenn Beck (?) and then Rush Limbaugh yacking away on Leslies radio, which he keeps on throughout the night.
I think it contributes to broken sleep; but silence is probably disturbing to Leslie; who has constant rapid-fire thoughts popping into his head.
Guillermo de la Puente
We met a young guy, who has the name above, and who is originally from Spain, but lives in Chicago. 
He developed the website www.mosai.me; which allows anyone to create a mosaic, like the one on the right.
If you zoom in on it; you will see that it is composed of all of my Facebook pictures (though I could have used any pictures).
The computer distills each photo down to its predominate or "mean" color and then rearranges them to render the main photo (right) with each entire photo functioning like an individual pixel in the finished product.
Like a mosaic, basically.
Guillermo hung out a lot as Leslie and I jammed at the Barnaby spot, and was very much a gentleman -as a lot of Europeans are by comparison to Americans.
Before he left, he said that meeting us was the best experience that he had throughout the entire time he spent in New Orleans.
Leslie and he had a long conversation on Saturday night, while I played solo, making about 40 dollars.
I held back Leslies portion (except for 3 bucks) so that I could feed him it, one beer at a time, on Sunday.
I will try to stay in touch with Guillermo; as he seems to be an enterprising and creative sort; and maybe in my old age I can work for him; maintaining his company blog or something...
Jobs?!?
Leslie has been quite ambitious in getting job leads using Craigs List and has 20 leads; all of them in the French Quarter, and one of them at a restaurant owned by someone whom he used to work for.
"He'll hire both of us right on the spot; I know he will," said Leslie about that particular one.
"We could make our 40 or 50 bucks in the afternoon and then go out and play music at night!"

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I'm Guillermo
    Here are a three pics I took
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64185860/NOLA_IMG_0317.JPG
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64185860/NOLA_IMG_0318.JPG
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64185860/NOLA_IMG_0323.JPG
    Take care Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.