Thursday, October 17, 2013

New Feature

Character Profiles
I have begun undertaking a project which might wind up taking months to complete; namely the utilization of Bloggers "pages" to link the names of the characters who appear in this blog to a short biography and an explanation of how the person relates to me.
Testing, One, Two
It is Thursday morning, and I woke up with about 10 bucks on me; and with Leslie laying in the mulch nearby.
He had arrived sometime during the early morning.
Here's how it should work:
{Clicking upon Leslies name should carry you to a stand alone page of biographical information -in its infancy right now- about Leslie Thompson}
There are only 20 pages available for each blog, and so I will use the label feature to count the frequency with which I have labelled people, and the top 20 people will each get their own biographical pages, eventually. How cool is that?
To see whom those might be is as easy as checking the "cloud" of labels in the right hand sidebar, entitled "for more info on," or something.
Amy
Amy is a girl whom I have never seen doing anything but asking people for money.
She is always on Royal Street; leading me to suspect that there is a problem with her being on Bourbon Street.
She uses her smile upon men when asking for money, and she often cries; and cries very loudly. Her cries carry at least a block.
Leslie seems to like Amy a lot, despite the "bi-polar" nature of her which has her bawling loudly one minute and screaming angrily the next.
"You're trying to rape me!!" is something which seems to be a recurrent theme with her; and which she may yell at any time to any man in any situation.
I avoid her.

She basically ignores me.
For Crying Out Loud; At Least Produce Tears!

There is another, very similar, lady who is seen on Canal Street all the time; who puts an expression on her face which would make one think that she is about to cry; but she doesn't produce tears. 
When she goes into The Unique Boutique or McDonalds to redeem her pity bucks; she is no longer the emotional equivalent of a 5 year old girl; but rather orders her meal succinctly and with very specific directives as to its preparation; and knows exactly how much change she is due.
I've seen that one rolling a blunt before, and doing it very expertly; when she was taking a break from sitting on the sidewalk and looking like she was about to cry.
Amy, to her "credit," at least produces tears.

3 comments:

  1. The character bio idea is pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why, thank you; it's an ambitious project but will help organize things; along with my pruning old posts of trivial details -if I barely remember a person 3 years hence; then they weren't significant in the Big Picture; and off to the bit bucket they would go

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the crying type panhandler on YouTube back when I could actually view videos. When I was panhandling for a few months in 2008, I was the cheerful type, in fact a few donors commented that I seems so darned happy about my situation. Better that than a bunch of tears, I figure.

    If you're not going to get going with the music thing, I suggest panhandling. You don't have it together enough to work a job, and your permanent scowl is a turn off *unless* you can come up with humorous signs like "Someone shit in my Wheaties this morning, anything helps".

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.