Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Morning Catch Up On The Weekend

It has been four days since my last post; and these are my sins....
(Laundry Today; Blogging Tomorrow)
Guests Appear, And Fade Away...
Friday, I was bent upon busking; after having woken up under the dock, fortified with 8 hours of sleep under my belt; and so I set off for my spot on Bourbon Street.
I had chosen the dock, over crashing at Leslies place, and even had to turn my phone off to ward off calls from Taylor the stripper; seeking to communicate with Chris, the 21 year old boyfriend of Taylor (18) the stripper.
I made not a dime in the early afternoon; but, after sundown, the tips started to appear either in my case, or under the tiposaurus.
I had probably amassed about 25 dollars by the time that Leslie arrived; and we jammed on an awesome "Because," by The Beatles, while his boss Paul (who had dropped off Leslie, along with his paycheck) listened.
Then, another young guy arrived, holding a harmonica in the key of C, and we were able to jam in the key of A flat, which produced 3 dollars within about 10 minutes.
He asked me for one of the dollars, which I gave him; after he assured me that he hadn't been trying to hustle me and thanked me for the "harmonica lesson," and was soon off down Bourbon Street.
I woke up with 36 dollars on Saturday.
Sunday, the Saints played in the Superdome, and Monday (this) morning, I woke up with about 45 dollars, an energy drink, cigarettes, and soon a cold beer, delivered to the sign spot by Leslie at about 11 a.m.
I had played outside the exit, where I have been able to successfully (i.e. not be run off by cops) do so, so far.
It was about a 40 dollar take at the game.
Leslie was incapacitated, and did not play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.