Saturday, August 24, 2013

I changed my routine on Friday.
I left the sign spot, after drinking coffee and started towards a busking spot.
It was about 10 a.m. when I sat down by CVS on Decatur where there was a panhandler a mere 30 feet away.
I had a legal right to set up there; he was breaking the law.
I wanted to have a little fun with him, too.
I went into the store and emerged with an iced coffee drink.
He didn't walk over to me and ask for a few gulps off of it.
He was smoking a cigarette himself and didn't budge when I lit one up.
After playing sober for about an half and hour and thinking that I sounded pretty good on the harmonica, despite the heavy noise of traffic, I hadn't made anything.
So, I decided to stop and roll a bone.
I was doing so when a guy came along and said "Keep on playing," and threw a dollar in my case.
I had set up my whole stage, complete with signs and toy and shiny objects.
I took a break at about noon when showed up some young African Americans who wanted to tap dance there.
I gladly relinquished the "one dollar on a Friday morning" spot to them.
One of them recognized me from jail.
He was the one that would steal the food from inmates who were just coming in off the street...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.