Thursday, June 27, 2013

Self Healing

Health
My throat feels much better today; as does my upper chest.
I believe that I had a gland which was called upon to produce mucous to flush out my chest of a toxin, perhaps. 
In case I have to do self surgery...

I don't know why it is just on one (left) side of my throat.
I think I might have breathed in just a speck of something which irritated the lining of my lung, and I've had to cough it out of me for the past week.
Someone might have had an accident while transporting a chemical weapon and I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and caught just enough of a whiff to make me feel like I had a chest cold (though no fever and felt great otherwise) for three weeks and went through 5 pounds of tissue; and had a swollen sensation in the back of my throat when swallowing.
The River Run
I have maintained the exact same velocity on my 2/3 mile run along the river to the little convenience store which I make on most mornings.
Four consecutive runs of 4 minutes and 57 seconds...
Singing Only Slightly Hampered
My singing was only slightly hampered by the condition, as I didn't have as much oxygen at my disposal, my volume dropped off; but I was able to do alright by switching to artists whose works can be performed with a chest cold. Johnny Cash comes to mind...
A Day In The Life
I am thinking of adding "A Day In The Life," by The Beatles to my working repertoire, starting with a run through it after scanning the chords online to get an idea of them.
It sounds like it is based upon a descending bass line, at least in my head...
No Food For 7 Days?
Because of the fact that I have been pressured to get a new food card, one which can be swiped and read, by certain cashiers whom have complained about having to punch the 16 digit number into their registers; and the fact that it takes up to 7 days for a replacement card to arrive in the mail, and the old card becomes void; and given that my food money on the card has run out exactly 7 days before the end of "this month," I have ordered a new card sent.
In the interim, I will subsist upon the cash that I am able to make busking; along with whatever food falls off of the banquet table of Bourbon Street  
In the short term, I think a water fast of at least a day or two would be just the thing to make this throat and lung nuisance leave my body.
8 More Days In NOLA?
I have told Howard of my plans to try to travel; as soon as I have the funds to take the Megabus to Atlanta, where I will try to meet up with Karrie and will play music on the street in the hope that it will be easier there than here in The Big Easy.

5 comments:

  1. At least you have a food card. Such things are hard to get in California, unless you have a proper address forget about it. At least, from my panhandling experience, the working class here are generous.

    I think the thing in your throat is tonsillitus. I've had the same thing happen, maybe not as bad, several times. Since in the US no one but the elite get health care, it's hard to say definitively, but I'd say the best thing for it is probably salt water gargles, just like for a sort throat.

    I've seen the Megabus here in San Jose, so I guess that thing goes all over. I honestly don't know if you'd do better out here in California or not. Being a white guy who plays the Grateful Dead, I'm inclined to say Yes. But, it seems to be quite easy to beg, hustle, gather up free leftover food and drink, and it seems you even have access to showers and health care? out there, you may be better off staying in NOLA.

    I really think the best career move right now would be to become a "bottler" for Tanya and Dorise. I think you could earn enough to rent a room to live in.

    At least you're well accustomed to living in the streets, a thing I may have to learn now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK if I have to move out of where I am, I have a nice house to move into. So, no worries now, I'm almost hoping I get kicked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY Bottler Theory:
    Tanya and Dorise, besides putting their giant baskets out; seem to pay no attention to money at all; of course it's easy to ignore the tip jar and figure that "what will come will come" when you are making so much that it would ruin the flow of music to have to say "thank you" five times throughout each song;
    They don't say anything like a lot of other groups do; like "The more you pay the better we play;" or "If you like the band, please tip the band.."
    and I think a bottler would make them feel greedy;
    think about the doctor who advertises on a billboard; it used to be considered unethical and his skill and expertise was supposed to speak for itself; I think Tanya (whose father is a doctor) would frown upon anything drawing attention in the same way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see.

    Tanya must be making pretty good dough, because a Chinese doctor father would never let his daughter do street music unless it was a real gold mine.

    And it could be that Tanya just isn't cut out to be a doctor, lawyer, etc., and violin's the one thing she's really good at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is indeed making more than most practicing physicians in the U.S.
    Her family absolutely frowned upon their daughter, who was dressed so properly and seated next to a very handsome and eligible second violinist in a classy concert hall where the rich mingled, and playing the most beautiful classical music ever composed, playing in the street...
    I guess they condescended to come to NOLA, to shake their heads and wonder where they went wrong in raising their daughter; but
    "They saw how all the people reacted and that I could make a living at it..."
    Chinese to English: It's a real gold mine

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.