Thursday, February 21, 2013

Rice And Pepper

There used to be a band called Salt-n-Pepper.
I think they were a bi-racial group; and perhaps the name alludes to that.
Tanya and Dorise should hit the pop scene, using the above stage name; even get some rappers. I will suggest it to them the next time I see them.
100 Feet From Our Spot
In the meantime:
A Beer-less Day.
So, yesterday, after waking from the nightmare which had been  Tuesday, I continued on my Doctor Christophers 3 Day Fast, Cleanse And Mucous-free* diet; the one that I had besmirched Tuesday by adding 3 Hurricane Lagers to. It was supposed to be "juice only,"
*you shouldn't eat mucous
From Doctor Christopher

Supreme cleanliness is the first step toward a healthy body. Any accumulation or retention of morbid matter or waste of any kind within us will retard our progress towards recovery. The natural eliminative channels are the lungs, the pores of the skin, the kidneys, and the bowels.


The retention of body waste has an insidious effect on our health than is generally suspected, and its elimination is one of the first steps toward perceptible progress.
To begin the three day cleansing program, the individual is required to undergo three days of detoxification therapy, then proceed with the mucusless diet:
First thing in the morning upon arising, drink 16 ounces or more of prune juice (unsweetened, if possible). The prune juice is not primarily to empty the bowels, which it will do, but rather to draw into the intestines from every part of the body such toxic matter or body waste as may be there, and eliminate it through the bowels.
For more on the diet, (be sure to visit:)  http://www.herballegacy.com/Three_Day_Cleanse.html
Yesterday, I stayed on the Algiers side of the river and continued to drink juice.
Even though I had added the beer the previous day; day 2 still felt like the second day of a juice fast; with a nice healthy hungry feeling that made my stomach feel like it was having toxins vacuumed out of it.
I posted the post about the crappy day and then went across the river, because I wanted tobacco. It was a diminished craving; one that could almost be pushed out of the mind; but it was enough for me to make the excuse that I should at least go across the river into New Orleans once a day; because the odds of your coming into something warrant it.
And so, into New Orleans I went and instantly went on the prowl for tobacco. I didn't feel like a beer very much at all. It seemed like a beer would foam up in my stomach, like Alka Seltzer in a seagull when it mixed with nothing but apple juice.
I had 0 dollars on me.
The Asian Foot Masseuse 
After succeeding in finding things to smoke in the alley behind the Hotel Monteleone, I walked up Canal Street.
I got to the foot massage place, in front of which, any one of 3 different Asian people will be seen standing, and asking people if they want foot massages.
They have never asked me if I wanted a foot massage, and I have walked by there countless times. I have kidded around with them before, though.
It was the young Asian woman standing out there this time.
She was wearing black sneakers with very bright, florescent laces; calling attention to her feet, and feet in general, I thought. 
She is probably the daughter, assuming that it is a family owned and operated foot massage parlor.
There were no tourists within earshot, as I passed, so I mocked the panhandlers that had been almost in front of their place on Monday night "trying to get something to eat."
I stood where they were and looked left and right at imaginary passing tourists and said: "I'm trying to get a foot massage, can you help me out; I'd appreciate it!"
The young Asian girl seemed dumbstruck.
Here's A Good Picture of It
Canal Street
From there, I looked up and down Canal Street and saw hundreds of people walking up and down. Subtracting the street people, I saw groups of 60 people.
There is a perceptible class differentiation from one side of Canal Street to the other. This is enhanced by the fact that the two sides of it are a couple hundred yards apart (with trolleys running up and down the middle).
There were more people on the side that I was on, but the people on the other side were better dressed in general.
8 Dollars and Change
I decided to busk by The Childrens Place which I did, and I thought I played pretty well, although tuning is a problem because there are constantly humming sounds on that street which are at fixed frequencies and they can make your guitar sound like it is out of tune if you are not in tune with the sounds.
I would have made about 8 dollars in about an hour if a 5 dollar bill which was thrown to me during a rendition of Imagine, by John Lennon, hadn't mysteriously disappeared out of my case at some point in time.
I went back across the river and sat up drinking juice and reading. I finished "Deception Point," by Dan Brown and I award it a grade of A.
"It had a lot of interesting science in it and his plot twists were unexpected". -Raves Daniel
Phone Cable A Misfit
I got the two packages at Rebuild this morning.
The USB cable for the phone is the wrong size on the phone end, I guess my Obama phone is so old that they have changed specifications since its hayday.
That's a bummer because I have some photos on the phone that I want to put on this blog. I might try to go to a phone store and trade it for one that fits my prehistoric phone; they should be happy to get rid of it to one of the few of us stone-age people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.