Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Yesterday morning, I played "Monday, Monday" and other songs and made 3 dollars.
I decided not to go and spend half of that on a coffee.
The day was eventless. 
I went and got food in the eventing; then, came back down Dauphin Street. After I had gotten food at the Save-A-Lot, I sat in front of that store and played for about a half hour and was thrown $1.50, even though I hadn't seeded my case.
I was flagged down on Dauphin by a couple of guys who both play guitar and whom I have played for before.
They wanted me to play "I Know You Rider," by the Grateful Dead, which I did and they gave me one beer and passed me a pipe while I was doing so.
I am getting better, by simplifying and just trying to play a good solid melody that doesn't have to be amazing in the sense that only a guitarist would appreciate it.
Last night, rain was threatening.
It didn't come to fruition until 4:20 a.m. when I ran across Water Street to the parking garage to find Howard already there.
The rain stopped and both of us returned to our spots.
Then, at 8 a.m. there was a downpour which I should have seen coming, as the skies darkened considerably; right at about the time Howard was giving me the sports section and we were discussing the Minnesota Vikings chances of making the post season.
I went to Pollmans Bakery and sat working on a novel for 5 hours. It now has 14 thousand plus words.
James Joyce took 12 years to write Ulysses, and 8 years to write Finnegans Wake. I have just learned, so I am working again on the novel....
I have concluded that I am in one of the most miserable situations that I have been since becoming homeless; and I don't know if it is my reluctance to cast fate to the wind and just leave at the drop of a hat that is hindering me.
There are, naturally, people here who like me; because I'm good enough and dammit, people like me; but; if they really like me, they would tell me go; go and chase your dreams; ain't nothing here; Bob Dylan didn't use the word "stuck" in Mobile casually....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.