Friday, October 26, 2012

I'm still in Mobile, having blown off the train ride to Jacksonville. Bonnie Raitte is the big attraction at the Saenger Theater, which is good for me. I already sat and played at the acoustically superior spot and got one 20 dollar tip when I was playing "Dancing In The Moonlight," and then a "friend" of mine came and sat next to me, very drunk. He is a black man and when a black man came and gave me my second 20 dollar tip of the early night, this guy, let's call him Terry, as that is his name, began to insist that the man never would have thrown me that tip if it weren't for the fact that he (Terry) was sitting there next to me. The premise is that the black man tipped me 20 bucks because he saw that I had cast aside my prejudices and embraced my fellow black man, and he was giving me 2-. to be cont

1 comment:

  1. It's too bad the black guy who tipped you couldn't have done it in smaller bills, so you could have split it with the "friend". He probably is right about the tip being given because he was there, but that doesn't get him the whole amount because *you* had to be there too.

    I got some really decent practice in last night. Clarinet's what I've got and it's what I'll use. My income from selling shit on Craig's List is tapering way down because most of the good shit's sold now, and while I can make enough to eat OK on recycling metals and casual work, I might have to pay some rent which means I need to get the busking thing going.

    I have no endurance because I haven't been practicing, but I think I can make a go of it in Mountain View tomorrow. So that's the plan. Get up and get over there to hit the late-morning to lunch crowd.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.