Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Working On My Craft

Well, It's Wednesday and the 25th of July...
I should go downtown tomorrow to check on my photo ID situation at the shelter. Did I quote my moms phone number wrong? I always used to reverse the digits...
I still have a little bit of money; despite having bought sneakers that I don't need yet...
Tonight, I will build a fire and cook perhaps rice or pasta and maybe hamburgers, but Howard will have to pitch in on those; I've been feeling pretty well on the vegetarian fare that I have gotten used to lately.
I am  working a couple hours each morning on the Mastering The Guitar book, getting ready to sneak it back into the library; setting the alarm off on the way in won't be so bad.
Then, I may borrow the next book in the series...
I'm working on fingerpicking.
I am also working on having new songs, any new songs so I don't feel like I am going to do the same ones that I did last weekend. People might not know that the songs are new to me; but I will....
The lady that owns the boarded up building put the electricity back on, so I might have to try to get Howard to move so I can perhaps record something tonight.
I'm not going for the perfectly engineered recording at this point. Mine are going to be simple and casual and done in one take a lot of times.
I'm going to record some of the Mel Bay pieces, and kind of re-live my childhood; maybe even go back and fix some mistakes...

1 comment:

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.