Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday After Five

25 Bucks
I miraculously got 25 bucks last night.
I only got three tips: one 20 dollar bill; one 5 dollar bill, one handful of change.
Another Ticket
After I had gotten the 5 dollar bill was when the cop came and gave me a ticket for not standing up. I forgot to stand up; should have remembered, but with everything going on; I just sat down and played.
Twice Bitten
I have now been bitten twice by probably the same southern flannel moth that bit me the first time -the one that Sue didn't want to kill because flannel moths have feelings.
My whole arm has been in extreme pain for the past 6 hours now. I fall into the category of "and in rare cases, extreme pain" and fall just short of the "in allergic individuals; sometimes death" group of people, that are listed under the symptoms of the flannel moth venom header.
Baton Rouge
 I have enough money to take the bus out of New Orleans (yay!) to Baton Rouge (mixed reactions) where I will buy new strings and play downtown tonight, given that the pain in my right hand has subsided by then.
It feels like I banged my funny bone and scraped the skin off of the area where it bit me at the same time.
Studio Work
I then plan to get some work done with the Audacity program -have a few ideas, but will keep them under wraps for now.

1 comment:

  1. You're not getting bitten by those flannel moths, it's just contact with their fur that's getting you. They're that bad. I wonder if they're falling out of trees you're sleeping under.

    I was feeling so lousy that I didn't practice for a few days which is bad. So I'm still on "Cockles and Mussels" essentially. I need to get to where I'm fairly tolerable to listen to and then start trying out various places around here.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.