Friday, April 20, 2012

Will This Even Post?

Technical Difficulties With Blogger?
I just tried to edit my "Flashback Friday" post,
to correct the chapter number from "2" to "3," and, after clicking on "update," the next button over told me that it was "saving" and one minute later, it was still "saving" and two minutes later, it still apparently hadn't "saved" anything...God save us all...
It is a pretty lengthy post. I think there is actually a 10 megabyte limit for each post, but I would be surprised if that one is even one megabyte, and besides; it posted yesterday; so why not today???
My friend Alex in California reported the same issue in a comment.
This morning, I woke up with $5.59 in my pocket. I had just finished counting it, and was on my way to the convenience store that lets me play, when along came Howard, from the direction of this library, headed in the direction of a bag of cheetoz and a Pepsi.
I waited for him to catch up, and when he did, he held out a five dollar bill and asked "Do you have five ones for this?"
I pulled out my five singles, and handed them to him without unfolding them.
"You don't even have to count them?" he asked.
"I'd just finished counting them when you walked up"
"Oh," said Howard.
I then said "Why don't you let me pay for your Cheetoz and Pepsi with my food card, and you just give me two bucks."
He handed back two bucks, never asking "How did you know I was on my way to get a bag of Cheetoz and a Pepsi?" ...because it's 10:15 a.m., Howard...
We got to the store, I purchased a Venom brand energy drink (to try one for the first time) along with Howards stuff.
My food card balance, divided by the number of days left before it becomes "recharged" leaves me a budget of less than five bucks per day...do I see a "five day fast and cleanse" on the horizon?
I could buy a jar of instant coffee, the good kind (Nescafe Classico) for about 5 bucks and change, (18 cents per cup, based upon a heaping tablespoon) and then buy a gallon of spring water for about two bucks every few days (adding 12 cents per cup) and thereby save about $59.70 dollars a month on energy drinks, assuming a month has 30 days.
I am sort of addicted to energy drinks though, not for the caffeine, because the instant coffee/spring water combo would satisfy that craving, but for the high fructose corn syrup, which supplies all of the calories that I consume the whole day, until evening comes and beer takes the baton and runs with it.
I find the drinks that have guarana in them to be more mood-elevating, and mind stimulating, than the ones without that particular ingredient -they really perk me up and motivate me to do my best blogging. ...so, I guess you haven't had any guarana today, then, huh?
Again, I could go to GNC and purchase a bottle of guarana capsules, which would probably work out to be about 8 cents each, and wash one down with the 30 cent instant coffee/spring water concoction, and still save about $57.30 per month, an amount which is 28.65% of my monhly food allowance (I dare not call it an "entitlement") -not to mention the time it takes to run to the convenience store and back each morning for energy drinks.
What about a sweetener? Crystaline Fructose can be found for around 10 cents per ounce, and is more pure than "high fructose corn syrup" which is stepped on, by the addition of glucose. I couldn't see adding a whole ounce of it to sweeten one 38 cent concoxion described above, maybe 5 cents worth...making for a 43 cent home-brew, heated up over a fire in an empty 24 oz. beer can (plenty of those laying around the campsite...) instead of a $2.29 energy drink.

Too much can blur your vision, though...
Why I don't do things like that is beyond me...maybe I am mentally disabled and should apply for benefits, because I can't manage my life.
Maybe I'm just enamored of the names that they give the commercial products; names like "Venom," "Radioactive," "Amp," or "Full Throttle..."
The solution that comes to mind for that problem, would be to get some masking tape and a magic marker, affix the tape around the soot-blackened beer can, and write "Daniels, Balls To The Wall, High Octane, "Hey, Now" Juice (Coffee Flavored)" on it, maybe even draw a skull with lightning bolts coming out of its eye sockets, beneath the name...yeah...
The instant coffee could be stored in a freezer bag, and the capsules in a smaller one, so no appreciable weight would be added to my backpack.
Procrastinay-ay-tion, It's Making Me Wait...
Why I don't do things like the above; I don't know...
Why I am blogging about this subject; I do know. I am procrastinating. It is time for me to take the $7.59 that I have in my pocket now, and use $1.75 to get on a bus and go downtown, where I made 28 bucks last Friday in about 2 hours. There, I need to play for more than two hours, or about as long as I can stand it, whichever comes first.

2 comments:

  1. Blogger has indeed reached a new plateau of suckitude, and it appears to be random what's getting published and what's getting trashed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog post. I want to thank you for interesting and helpful information and I like your point of view.Thank you.lots of great information.most relevent site more idea hereenergy drink near me

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.