Tuesday, January 17, 2012

3 Minute Drill

I have 3 minutes
to say that I am back after the Sunday and the Holiday, when this library was closed.
Things are slow here. I made $4.78 in about an hour and a half on Decatur street. Then moved to Bourbon, where I decided, after looking up and down the street, that it wasn't worth it to try for another $4.78 and lose an hour and half of sleep.
Sue was with me. She is back in my life, after running into me and hanging out with me Sunday, and sharing my sleeping bag Sunday night and last night. Howard never heard a thing...
I woke up this morning before Sue. Howard had already gone for his morning newspaper and coffee.
I had a lot of plans for the day. I was going to do my laundry at the Rebuid Center, take a shower, check with them to see if a package being sent "priority" mail would be accepted by them, go to Chartres Street and note the address of Caveman Guru, so that I could use it to obtain a free camera cellphone with 250 free minutes from a place that gives them away like that, but requires that people have valid mailing addresses, check on a place which is like a crash pad for artists and musicians and has a washer/dryer and a shower and places to sleep, go to the phone store to see if they could test my USB cable, which might be the cause of my phone no longer charging, and about 4 other things.
So far, I have gotten the shower, and confirmed that the Rebuild Center will take mail sent "priority."
A trip to the phone store on Canal Street produced the result of the sales staff totally ignoring me, after speaking briefly to each other in some foreign language in a derisive tone, after I walked in. One of them might have been saying to the other "Ignore him."
Not having done my laundry, I noticed the stains on the clothes I was wearing and attributed their attitude to that. I walked out without saying anything to them. It was one of those times that I wish I could have walked out of the Radio Shack, two doors down from them, with my arms laden with expensive merchandise, of the same kind that they sell in the phone/camera/luggage/watch/etc store, where I went to ask them if they could plug a good USB cable into my phone to see if that would solve the problem that it is currently having.
Then, in that particular fantasy, the Radio Shack salesman would say to someone, within earshot of the foreigners, "Some guy just bought twenty grand worth of stuff, cash; I just made my commission for the week, yahoo!!"

Alex from California is sending some guitar strings, bless his heart.
Mary, from Massachusetts emailed me some songs. They were blues songs, like "The Black Keys," and B.B. King and Taj Mahal, for example.
Other than that, the trip out of here is still planned for next week.
I got some good news, but am out of time

1 comment:

  1. The "internetz" is shutting down, effectively, now and you need to get out now.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.