Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Walk In The Park

I didn't play last night.
I worked pretty long and hard on the story that I am writing. It has 13,678 words, so far.
I didn't drink nary a drop yesterday. I decided to meditate and pray for divine providence, which writing my story kind of got me in the mood for (and, alright, Dennis wasn't at the Save-A-Lot, so I couldn't ask to borrow a couple bucks to get me started with a couple Steel Reserves)
I made it to Cathedral Park, where a group of teenagers from a church here in Mobile (I'll get the name soon) were. They yelled to me, asking if I needed one of the things that I need the most: socks. I talked to them for a while, and as it became apparent that it was a slow night for homeless people, I was the beneficiary of more and more socks. I think I got one pair for each fifteen minutes that they talked to me.
I shouldn't say that I didn't play last night; I played a little bit for them.
They gave me the socks, plus sandwiches and gloves, and prayed with me. One girl gave me the coin above, which I will use to start my tip case out on nights like this when I am flat broke, except for 13,678 words.
While they were giving me the sandwiches, someone was stealing the kielbasa and pork ribs that I had at the railroad track sleeping spot. I investigated Howard, but he maintains his innocence.
The church group gave me extra stuff to give to Howard, which I did.
I will probably play tonight. It is relatively warm. I just want a few bucks.

1 comment:

  1. What a stupid way to live, people stealing your stuff!

    Can you always go to the Save Even More and get .... more?

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.