Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Big Clock

10 minutes after waking up, I struggle
with my camera, hoping to capture
the bags under my eyes before
they dissipate
I was up at 6:55 a.m.
I went to Serda's Coffee, to use the restroom, where I took the picture to the left.
I then went and sat out front, by the huge clock and played "Early Morning Singing Song," from the play called "Hair," which came out in the early 70's.
I was perfectly sober, hadn't even had a cup of coffee, and was out there at the crack of dawn singing "...glibby glop, gloobee, nibee abee nubee, la la la low low..."
I made about 8 bucks, from people who were as stunned as I was, and were mumbling the same syllables.
The Bike
I then went and found that the bike was still in the holly bush where I had put it the other night.
This was miraculous and even more amazing, given that someone had sat next to the bike and smoked crack, as evidenced by the crack pipe on the ground near the bike.
I pushed it up to the Save-A-Lot, where it hopefully still sits, with a flat back tire and a soft front tire.

Such A Glorious Setting For
"Early Morning Singing Song!"

The guy at Sweat Tire on Government Street, rufused to let me use a wrench for a minute to loosen the tires, so I will have to push it up to the next gas station after I leave here. It makes me want to get a car, just so I can NOT buy tires there, to teach him a lesson about karma (car-ma, get it??)
I want to fix it before going back to New Orleans.
Where Oh Where Is Wilma?
Wilma is not here at the library. I had hoped that she would be here, as she told me that she had some stuff for me, not the least of which is cigarettes. I might have to tap into the $11.96 which I had, by the time I finishing playing "glibee glop gluebee" for an hour this morning. I don't know if I can stay another day here in this wasteland, not even for cigarettes.
Corrupt Nuns
I went to the Catholic Social Services place on Dauphine Street.
I had been there yesterday, and I found a nice pair of shoes. They were Rockport brand, I think. The lady behind the counter even told me that they were nice shoes.
I wanted to get them on the "voucher" that they give to the homeless every 90 days and told them that I would return to get them the following morning (today), as this is the day that they give out the clothing vouchers to the homeless.
\I don't want to belabor this; the point is simple: When I got there first thing in the morning, the shoes had vanished and none of the nuns, no not one, knew where the shoes were.
I suspect foul play. I think that they decided that the shoes were just too nice to give to a homeless guy on a voucher. Maybe one of them planned to give them to a favorite of hers. I don't know. I haven't wanted to punch a nun in the face this much since 8th grade, when Sister Eileen hit me with a ruler on the knuckles. 
There is no way that; after me making such a fuss over the shoes and having one of the nuns tell me to hide one of the shoes somewhere, to safeguard them,  so that there would not be a pair and nobody else would buy them...there is no way that they could have lost them, unless they "lost" them, if you get my drift These are supposedly nuns, who are "married" to God.
When I first walked in, my nose was running and I asked for a tissue. The one behind the counter told me "Oh, we don't have any tissues" or something like that.
Then, I discovered that the pair of shoes that I said I would be there for "first thing in the morning" had vanished.
I think they were lying to me.
I found another pair of shoes to replace the sneakers which have been torn up by the rail yards, but they are not as nice as the Rockports, which the nuns hid from me. They cant hide their sin from God, though, and on top of a life without sex, they will now spend an eternity without sex and on fire..all because they tried to decieve me; who has been revived and redeemed. Silly nuns...
When I was leaving with the inferior shoes, the lady behind the counter was blowing her nose into a tissue. "I guess that's one of the tissues that you don't have," I said.
"This is my own tissue," she said.
I'm leaving here before I strangle a nun 
This is the kind of shit that is happening in Mobile, and these are the kind of people that are here; lying, deceiving nuns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.