Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Am I Going To Freeze?

My problem with living in a town this small is that the odds are higher of not getting
along with anyone else in town; statistically...
It's like that thing where you put so many people in a room and two of them are
going to have the same birthday.
Ok, This is called something like Missouri Winter, and it's a watercolor by James F. Wilson. I didn't have to look at a whole lot of "winter in Missouri" photos in the Google results, before getting the idea.
More Results From "Winter In Missouri"
First Winter In 19 Years?
When I saw the above is when I started to have strong misgivings about going up to Joplin, Missouri to help with the tornado cleanup, and to get free clothing and maybe even a job, I admit.
I don't know about this "winter" thing, coming up, though. It would be my first winter since 1992, (unless you count those Arctic blasts that we felt in Jacksonville, Florida for a couple weeks each year...)
I'm talking about gloves, no guitar playing on the street and no wanting to be on the street, anyways.
I still have some loose ends to tie up around Mobile, and then, unless there is a plan C, I will be taking my misgivings on the road, so that I can harbour them right at their source.
Unlike lightning, tornadoes come with no guarantee of not striking twice, which is something to consider before moving to Joplin. And the fact that lightning hasnt' struck there yet.
Will I have to spend my hard earned picking up after tornado money on shelter for the winter, or, can I find a place to improvise a shelter which can be heated by wood, perhaps out in the pristine woods, by a clear running stream?
Find out in a future installment, entitled "I Almost Freeze To Death," coming next February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.