Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cosmic

The Stand Down
I am at the library; I came from Save-A-Lot, where I changed into the new clothes, which I got this morning, at a Recreational Center, on Spring Hill Rd, across the street from the strore where they sell drugs. They hold an event which I believe is called a "stand down" where they offer clothing to the homeless; clothing which has somehow found its way there, along with hygeine products.
The only stipulations are, first, passing a registration screening, and then having one's blood pressure checked (this was required before one was allowed to escape the premises with their items.
I was asked where I "stayed." After detailing my living arrangements to their satisfaction, they handed me a card, which had check boxes next to different categories of items.
I told the blood pressure checker that mine would be high because I was afraid that I was going to have high blood pressure and was stressing out. 
I got some khaki type pants which are only 2 inches large in the waist, and a bunch of socks and tee shirts etc., also a bag with toothpaste, soap, conditioner, talcum powder and a few more items. (Please hold your applause until all the items are anounced).
The Mic Stand
Last night, I went to Serda's, but decided that the atmosphere wasn't quite supportive enough of me coming up with a great performance. Maybe it was, but I wasn't recognizing it.
My latest song, I worked on all day, but forgot my sheet with the words and chords at the Dauphin Store, during my trip there for a beer. By the time I retrieved it, by backtracking there for another beer, it was almost Serda's time, and actually was; being 9 pm.
I went there as Green Headed Man, but, tired of keeping up the ruse, as the character hasn't been "fleshed out" yet. Very little is known about Green Headed Man, and even less comedic material has been written for him.
I decided not to go up and try to give him any new angles, and not to try to do the song, which I only half knew. I think that it was a good decision, as, this morning, I still struggled a little with the new song...
Becca wasn't there. If she had been there, I might have gone on and tried the Green Headed Man theme song, at least, and then hoped that inspiration would strike.
Joelle (Miss Underhill) was there, and looking intimidating in a red dress. She performed with another guy from The Underhill Family, apparently next to last, as, I was the only remaining superhero or other who hadn't performed.
In a sense, it was chickening out, but, to put a positive spin on it; I was wise enough not to go up and be sloppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.