Monday, February 21, 2011

Part Of My Excuse

It Was Tough On Grease And Stains
Yesterday was laundry day. I ran into Terry, the 54 year old black man on my way to the laundromat.
Terry wanted to throw some of his stuff into the washer, and so he grabbed some of his stuff.
He told me that he has solved the problem of the manager where he works throwing his clothes away when she finds them. Since the manager is 4 foot tall, as he describes her, he now puts his clothes up high, where she cannot see them (above 7 feet).
He also had two cold beers, which had been given to him that morning, as part of his compensation for helping someone clean up their club after a fight the previous night between a 300 pound woman and some man, left the place trashed.
We got our clothes clean and dry, and then stopped at a little store, where I got Terry and I each a cheap beer; the ones that come to 61 cents, tax included.
From there, I went into town, attempting to play music, which I did. I don't recall seeing very many people out on that Sunday night.
Terry pretty much accompanied me in all my comings and goings; especially the "goings" to the beer and cigarette store, and later, to "the food store that takes food cards" store.
At one point, I broke away from him, after thinking it peculiar how close he kept himself by me on this night when I was sharing everything, and still had more money left.  At one point in the evening, he became angry after we had lost track of each other, after a misunderstanding which Terry labored under in thinking that I was still in the Shell, when, in fact I was walkiing down Dauphin Street, thinking that Terry had already left the store and done the same.
He threw sort of a tantrum, and became almost more determined to not let me elude him again.
It was later, when I became hungry and and was adding up the the expense of two cheeseburgers, at $3.19 each, and two beers to wash them down, and then two cigarettes smoked afterwards, that I managed to think up the excuse "I was so drunk that I just went off and passed out somewhere," as a merciful way of sneaking away from Terry. I went and got food for one, and one more beer, and then smoked one more cigarette, and passed out somewhere, so, part of my excuse is true... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.