Friday, January 7, 2011

Successful Blogging

In order to have a "successful" blog, one must post daily, or one will lose the interest of one's followers. One should keep one's posts brief. I suppose one should make his posts interesting, also. I can't really help you there...
Yesterday, I was up with my alarm clock at 7:05 am.
I went for breakfast at the Presbyterian, where I got to play the piano for about 10 minutes.
It was the day of the Go-Daddy dot com bowl, which was a football game between the Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders, and the Miami (of Ohio) Red Hawks.
I was able to make some money playing at the acoustically superior spot, during the afternoon. It seems as if there are probably no street musicians in Miami or the middle of Tennessee, as the folks treated me as a novelty.
I spoke to a couple of girls who were wearing the Middle Tennessee colors, who answered my smart-assed question by informing me that, yes, Middle Tennessee State is literally at the geographic center of that state. They told me that their team were called "the Blue Raiders."
Later in the evening, as I rested against a wall after playing for a couple of hours, the same girls came by and handed me a couple dollars and told me that they had heard me playing, and reminded me that they had talked to me earlier.
That amounted to about the highlight of the evening.
This morning, I slept until almost 10 at the undisclosed, top secret spot.
It is Friday, and I want to make some money tonight, as I am down to under 20 bucks.
I still haven't gotten the parcel which The Lidgleys sent a couple weeks ago. It may have been delayed by the snowstorms, which grounded a lot of flights up north.
I am off now, to try to learn a Phil Collins song. I think every street musician should know a Phil Collins song, or two. I haven't had any requests for Phil's music, but I can feel them coming, on the air, perhaps tonight, even...oh, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.