Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tuesday's Gone

The "Squid" Omen, Again
I met a guy at Serda's last night, named Christopher Noerr, who drew the illustration to the left. I chose this one because of the giant squid, obviously, and because he told me it would be OK to post his stuff, as long as I credited him with it.
I think it is Jules Verne, but am not sure; I've never seen Jules in person or photo.
I was at Serda's after I decided not to play on the street. It was 36 degrees, according to the thermometer on Water Street. There were few souls treading the sidewalks.
I struck up a conversation with Chris, which started with a comment that I made about the "closed captioning" adorning the movie, which was silently playing on the large-screen in Serda's back room; the "bags of coffee beans" room.
I thought it comical that one of the captions read: "fife playing," as if the deaf person's enjoyment of the feature would be thus enhanced. "Why don't they put "birds chirping in the background; horse's hooves clopping on ground," I said.
The captions were sometimes scattered across the screen "To let you know that the sounds are coming from all around," said Chris.
"Stereo for the hearing impaired," I added.
We talked about the fact that we are both working on Children's Books. I outlined "It's The Hat That They Hate" for him, which met with his encouragement. He told me about a project of his, which I will not detail here, due to possible copy writing issues.
The first part of the day had me sleeping in until 11:30 am., going for an energy drink, and then spending a great part of the day at the library, where I delivered myself of yesterday's post, and then read more of the idiots guide to publishing book.
The hardest part of being published for me, I anticipate, will be following the "rules" of the editors and agents, and not sending a manuscript with a coffee stain on it, for example. Rules, rules, rules!!
And, now, I am going to cut this short. I have a busy schedule, with the children's book, church service tonight with Jeff and Jennie and family, and then, possibly playing at Serda's Songwriter's Open Mic. The song will be called "I'm Giving Up On Music"
This morning, I slept until 11:10 am, because it was too cold to get out of my sleeping bag when I first awoke. So, I am behind "schedule.'
To compensate you for the brevity of this post, here is another giant squid, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.