Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Me And My Shadow

After I was back at the railroad track spot, was when I saw Alan, who had just gotten out of jail, and was laying "there."
We had a brief conversation that centered around the objects which have been stolen from us, and the likelihood that Thomas is the culprit, based upon evidence which I won't elaborate upon here.
Alan seemed to be broke and out of cigarettes and hungry. I shared some food.
This morning, he left at the same time as me and gave me every reason to think that he was going to follow me all day, and impose upon me to share everything that I have. He began shadowing me as soon as I left for town.
He gets his money in two days. He would probably pay me back for supporting him the next two days. He claims that he is going to rent a room, or at least get a motel for the New Year's weekend. I am close enough to trusting that his intentions are good, but I don't trust fate to keep him out of jail until Friday, when the money will arrive. Anything could and probably will happen to Alan between now and then, and I don't like to risk my money like that.
I couldn't think of a way to tell him that I couldn't take him everywhere I go and buy one of everything for myself, and then another of everything for him. Mostly this was because I would, frankly , find his company to become tedious as the day dragged on, if past experience counts for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.