Monday, August 23, 2010

Around Mobile For 84 Days

I've been here for 84 days now. I have not changed my rating of Mobile as C+.

One hardly ever notices an out of state plate on a car here. I think that is because nobody really has a reason to come here, unless it is to sleep in the same car and take advantage of all the "homeless friendly" services, of which everyone except myself (because I make money with my guitar) is welcome to.
Saturday

Saturday, I slept from about midnight until about 4am. I went out on the street, not realising the time; then went back to sleep.

Sunday
Sunday, I was at the store at noon, and drank two beers. I then fell asleep in a spot that I was hididng from the rain in. I woke up at 5pm.
A Day Of Juicing
I woke up with $6.21, this morning, and went to wash up at the park.

I had slept past The Coffee Club, but wasn't too hungry and had my own instant coffee.
I Become Prejudiced, And A Liar

A black man in the park asked me for a cigarette. I told him truthfully that I had only one.
He said "I think you're prejudiced."

I didn't really hear him, but could tell by the tone of his voice that he was upset because I wouldn't give him something for free.

I said "When is someone going to give ME something?"

He stepped closer and asked me to repeat what I said. I did.

Then, he told me that he was from Chicago and that he knew my type and that I was "probably raised that way," (to never give black people anything for free?)

I showed him my empty cigarette box.

He still didn't believe that I had only one cigarette. He must have thought that I carry a "dummy" box, which I use to fool black people. He called me a liar.
He is the same guy who hit the man outside The Coffee Club, over something.

Grape Juice
I may have only juice today, as a precursor to another fast, in which I will try to be more sucessful.
So much to work on, today. I am a busy homeless guy.
I am thinking of going to the Health place to see about replacing my glasses. I would like to have them before going to New Orleans, so I can spot danger at a greater distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.