Monday, July 12, 2010




Eventless SundayIt's Monday, and I woke up pretty broke. The hotel gig never materialised. Their parking lot was almost empty; and I had a feeling that I wouldn't be playing there, even before I inquired about it.
I am thinking of boiling my posts down more, to include less of the mundane stuff, and focus upon the things that matter most.
Last night, there was an African-American family, fishing off the riverwalk in Cooper's Park. They asked me to play a song. I played a couple. The father gave me a beer. Then I went to sleep. I had my alarm set for 4:30am. I was going to go to the labor pool, but slept longer, because I hadn't layed down until pretty late the previous night.
It will be set the same for tomorrow.
I now go to Starbucks, perhaps to try the "hustle."Tonight, there is the open mic night at The Garage.I am pretty broke, and don't want to go in there without money for the 4th consequetive week. Mondays just seem to turn out that way. I need to work on my "Bum Suite," also. It will be a three song medley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.