Friday, May 21, 2010

Savannah Strikes Out

We will not strike out for Savannah, Georgia, because Savannah has struck out.
A THIRD person has disparaged the virtues of the place, this one, a "rainbow" person, who has travelled the nation. He knew all about how crappy Ocala was, and how the cops were. He knew all about St. Augustine, and how the cops are. He even gave a pretty accurate assessment of Jacksonville, and how the cops are.
Going Mobile
He suggested that I/we go to Mobile, Alabama.
Gosh, in all my life, I never considered, nor even though about living in Alabama....
He spoke in glowing terms about the place. Being a rainbow person, he would be extolling the benefits of the place, pertinent to us campers and squatters, as rainbow people are migrant themselves.
It looks like we are going to Mobile, Alabama.
The Question of Karrie
Karrie, whom I refer to affectionately as "my burro," is an ally in the lifestyle in which we are living now. But, if I aspire to move "up" in the world, I can foresee her turning from gold into lead.


"It's hard to run with the weight of gold, but it's also hard with the
weight of lead"



In the past couple of weeks, she has completely notched off the entire checklist of things that annoy me.



  • Eating all the food

  • talking my ears off

  • distracting me from my immediate goals for a given day

  • wetting the bed

  • ruining the pasta

  • running my lighter out of fluid in inept attempts to light impossible fires

  • spilling beer in the tent

  • leaving the tent door unzipped, so that we wake up in a zoological-quality exhibit of insects, crickets, daddy-long-legs and arachnids

  • attracting unwanted attention to the campsite by leaving her bike leaning against the side of the office building where our path emerges

throwing up a lot, but not in the tent, yet.


Well, I guess that redeems her...


I meet Nina tonight to hopefully get the money to get out of here....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.