Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wish It Was "April Fools"

The computers here at the Gateway branch of the Jacksonville public Library are SO slow, I don't know what the problem is. I suppose they are that same speed that all computers were 15 years ago, when they were 486's -no pentium or nothing....
I am playing every day. I am selecting new and creatve spots. Today I was run off by a cop, after discovering a spot which seemed great. I made a quick amount of money, and then the cop came. He was trying to be hard core and scare me, I could tell. Of course, the Jax police have just taken a public relations beating for shooting a 2 year-old girl, who was in a car which was car-jacked by a bank robbery suspect. The car was shot 42 times, by 5 officers, one of the shots was a shotgun blast. This is the public service which we all enjoy here in Jacksonville.
I lost my train of thought, but, yeah, I didn't argue with the cop, just picked up my stuff and moved on....
Just minutes before he became a bank robbery and carjacking suspect shot dead in a hail of police gunfire, Jeremiah Mathis sent a text message to his oldest sister.
Cachandra Mathis said it was about 2:50 p.m. when she received the last in a series of what she thought were catching-up messages from her 31-year-old brother, who had moved to Jacksonville from upstate New York in December.
“He said, ‘I’m just trying to keep my head above water,’ ” she said.
Just after 3 p.m., police say, Jeremiah Mathis robbed the Wachovia Bank on Baymeadows Road, then commandeered a car at a nearby Wendy’s drive-thru.
Shortly thereafter, five officers shot 42 rounds at Mathis and the car. Inside were an innocent woman and her two children; the youngest, 2-year-old
Daniel Crichton, was critically wounded. His mother, Jo-Ann Cooper, was shot in the foot. Daniel remains hospitalized in critical but stable condition; Cooper's condition is reported as fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.