Thursday, April 8, 2010

As Per Our Agreement



I woke up this morning, pretty early. Usually, when I HAVE to wake up early, I just want to lay there. I usually have some kind of caffeine, or "5 hour energy," to see me to a wakeful state. This morning, I didn't, and so, I wanted to get up and run to the store, or to Starbucks, in order to get something to wake up with. By the time I got to the store, or Starbucks, I would be wide awake anyway, though.





I listened to a little bit of the Dan Patrick Show, and they were talking about Tiger Woods.



I have my own opinion of the man, based upon my wealth of experience in life.



The man is a perfectionist and driven to be the best that he can be in every endeavor.


He has a beautiful wife, Elin, whom he loves dearly, and he wants to be the greatest lover to ever "play the game," for her. He wants to be bigger than lovemaking; worldwide. He wants to have his own brand of tiger-striped condoms, perhaps.

The man was merely practicing, getting in his "reps." He knows the importance of repetition in developing skills. Imagine how many times he has hit a golf ball...


What he was doing, in his "escapades," was merely akin to going to the range and getting in a few "practice balls," so to speak. He was honing his "skills," for he benefit of Elin. I understand it...


He wanted to come home, walk into the bedroom and think: "Elan looks good; my "swing" feels good, and I like my chances"


An Encounter With Nina


As per our agreement of the previous day, Nina and I met for dinner. We, or rather she, decided upon the Chinese restaurant, called The Wok-N-Roll, which is almost directly across the street from the path which lead out of the woods from where we stay. We purposely directed the path there, knowing that the Chinese were the last people who would ever call the police and tell them that strange people were coming out of the woods directly across from their restaurant. Chinese people seem to keep to themselves in that way, and hence, the path. Besides, when I am doing well in life, I patronize the Wok-N-Roll, and buy white rice and shrimp.


It is interesting that Nina chose this spot for a rendezvous. I think she knows more about me than I might think, like, how could she know that the restaurant was directly across the street from where one of the paths to our campsite emerges...mere coincidence???
Two Letters
We met, Nina bought the whole lunch, during which she presented me with two pieces of mail. One was from Jeff, my ex-brother-in-law, the other from Karrie.
Karrie said that she had gotten the last monies that I had sent, and "I spent it all." She wished a happy Easter.
Jeff had sent me some money, which I looked at as my ticket out of this place.
A Divorce Is A Divorce, Of Course, Of Course
Nina had said that she wanted to meet and to "talk."
I knew that it was probably to talk about us getting a divorce, for whatever reason.

We had a pleasant dinner; she called me "baby," and was the embodiment of the beautiful, cultured woman whom I had come to know, all those years ago, when I lived with her. I marvelled at myself and how much of the Russian language that I remember, coming to realise how much of it was about food and drink, and the simple things in life...

She eventually came around to suggesting that we get a divorce. It had been so long, life was so different back then, and well, I don't see myself becoming an aristocrat any time soon....

Now, her husband in Russia has died. Uri, her half-brother has died. Alex, her other half-brother died 10 years ago, I remember. She feels disenfranchised from the family; the family which found me for her, as a way for her to achieve citizenship, and to allow our stepson, Michael, to go to college as a US citizen, thus saving them more than enough money to offset me living with them for a year; a year in which I was discouraged from working. It was a year of wine and song; and roses, to boot.

The union had no "god" involved, though it had fragments of love.

The "Family" is in fragments, and for whatever reason, she asked for a divorce in the most charming and loving way that the thing has probably ever been asked for.

I acquiesced (not only that, I agreed.)

She then told me that she would give me a certain amount of money, which I won't disclose here.

Wow!

I jokingly asked her if I could rub lotion on her body "one more time," and I actually saw a look on her face, which was somewhere between fear and consternation...interesting, human nature...

"Just joking," I said.

She offered to put me up in a motel. She probably did so, so that she would know where to find me on Saturday, when we are to meet "quickly" with a (her) lawyer, to seal the deal.

I declined the offer, choosing my campfire and the raccoons, instead. If I was with Karrie, though, I would have accepted. Karrie loves hot showers.

I left, full of white rice and mixed vegetables, and went to the Gate and bought a Money Order and a stamp and mailed Karrie 9 dollars. Then I went to the tent and slept. I only had a few bizarre dreams, par for the course after eating white rice and mixed vegetables and going to sleep.

Tomorrow, I call her to set up the appointment with the lawyer.

3 Bucks
She encouraged me not to play today, giving me 20 bucks, and telling me to relax and take a day off. The last thing she wanted was for me to be arrested and throw a monkey wrench into things.

I went out and played anyways. I made 3 bucks and then a cop came, followed by another cop.

The leading cop's vehicle said "field training," on it. I imagined that he was training in the field. He told me "Move on, or you're going to jail; we don't allow soliciting!"

He is being trained well.

I didn't argue, because he might have wanted to show the training officer in the trailing car just how tough he could be on "crime," and might have tried to hurt me, whereupon I would have had to beat him to the ground, took his weapon from him and shot him with it (just to wound), then written a song about it. I didn't need all that. I took my 3 bucks, left, and got some peanuts and now I am at the library....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.