Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Stimulating The Economy

I am at a different branch of the library, struggling with a slow Internet connection. It keeps being "timed out." I think I just lost a pretty long e-mail to my friend Ted, in Boston.
Spring is coming in this year by taking 2 steps forward and then 1 back. It is back into the chilly zone again, when I can't play after the sun goes down, because of numbness in the fingers.
I made about 45 bucks in two and a half hours, Sunday. I had a sign which read "Thanks For Stimulating The Economy," and played the same two songs over and over, for the most part.
The day started with us up early and listening to the gospel station. I was on my spot by 1pm.
Karrie got 3 bucks on her spot, and then went to sleep in a palmetto stand, near enough to my spot so that she could hear me, and use me as a lullaby.
Monday saw 30 of those dollars disappear, as Karrie seems to take my prosperity as a cue to overindulge on one front (consumption), and take it easy on another (working.)
We went downtown; her tagging along; myself buying two of everything...
Our bus to Ocala leaves in 8 days. Our relationship maybe sooner.
Last night it rained and we got damp. This morning, we still had brandy left from a bottle which I bought before returning to camp. A lady downtown had given Karrie 10 bucks, I threw in 5.
Karrie was unable to complete her chores, citing "I'm sleepy," as the reason. I threw the trash away and got on my bike and came here. She returned to bed.
And that's the way it is, Tuesday, March 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.