Saturday, March 27, 2010

There Once Was A Man From Ocala



...Who'd went there, expecting a gala
But then the police
Did disturb his peace
And spooked him just like an Impala.
(Impalas are skittish)



I was up with the sun this morning. I had $24.55. I have sent Karrie a total of $28.01, since arriving here (plus $7 in stamped envelopes and Money Orders) because I love her. I could be walking around with 60 bucks if I hated her. It burns me up, to think about it! (just kidding, Karrie! LOL)


Yesterday, I went out to the ramp and made 20 bucks or so, before a very nice cop pulled up and saying "You're not from around here, are you?" went on to tell me about the ordinance within the city against reaching out and taking money from some one's hand, I think he said. This skirts the issue of panhandling being defined as asking for money, which I don't ever do; I just play. So, it's against the ordinance to take money from some one's hand in Ocala. I have to hand it to them, that's pretty clever.



"Hey Lou, can I borrow ten bucks until next Thursday? Just lay it on the sidewalk and I'll pick it up..." I guess.



He told me that I could move down to the next ramp and I would be in the county, where the ordinance has no effect. One more mile to walk. I am heading that way after I finish here.



First, I must stop at the police station and try to retrieve my ID card, which was never handed back to me by the undercover cop in the park. One would think that they would be in the habit of handing them back, since they do it SO much.





I sent Karrie 6 of the 20 bucks, and then went and cooked fish and had fish and bread and would have had collard greens, but have forgotten where I misplaced the can opener.





I Am Going Back To Jacksonville



Tomorrow, if all goes as planned, I will wake up with the birds, pack and meet John near the library at 10 am. I will then ride in the back of his truck, back to Jacksonville, which is "the devil that I know." In the cab of the truck will be John, his fiance, Ester and Ester's wedding dress, which will occupy the back seat because she "doesn't want anything to happen to it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.