Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Bus Is Leaving

...At 1:45 tommorow morning.
I will be on it, but not Karrie.
Karrie Arrested Sunday Night
Sunday night, I played at the Baymeadows and 95 ramp and did fairly well. Karrie flew her sign on the opposite ramp, doing well enough to go to the liquor store and get a 1.75 liter bottle of Canadian Premium Whiskey.
She was returning to my spot, just as the cops were pulling up. They asked for ID, told me that what I was doing was "obstructing traffic." There was no money in my case, and I didn't have a sign, or else, I would have been doing something much more heinous than "obstructing traffic."
(I know how they think)
To our horror, Karrie's failure to appear on her myriad tickets came up on the computer, and they (St. John's County) said that they indeed wanted to extridite one Karrie Porras. I had thought that they wanted to get rid of us and would not do that. I felt terrible.
I took her backpack, promising to keep it safe and dry, and promising to send her a letter (with money, so she can buy lotions and potions from commissary.)
No Coffee Waiting
When I was unpacking her bag and I smelled her sweater, I felt terrible. I woke up lonely and depressed and wondering how I could have ever thought that she was a burden and a hinderance. There was no fire burning, and no coffee waiting....
Now, it is the evening before the bus is to embark. Plans have changed, and I will not ride the bike, I will take about half of what we were to have taken originally. If Ocala is a bust, I will come back here and re-group. I have been making 30 bucks per hour playing the ramps, and if my promised job of 7 bucks an hour doesn't feel right, I am out of there.
I plan to meet the Lidgleys, that is one of my prime aims in taking the journey.
Now, I go to mail Karrie $15....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.