Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Money In General


I am in downtown Jacksonville, supposedly to get the bus ticket to Ocala.
The Morning BabbleI left Karrie in a state of confusion, back at the camp. She was babbling on, not caring who might not even be listening, in a manner which I have become accustomed to. I call it the "Morning Babble." I would not be surprised at all if she continued to talk, even as the bus I was on was crossing the St. John's river into downtown. She might have even been saying something like "You don't care, you ignore me all the time," to nobody at all.
This is related to the "Morning Stare," which commences after she has consumed her first 3 beers, and involves her staring at me lovingly, with a look that say's "Now that I've got some alcohol in me, I've just realized that you are a wonderful man." Her gaze might drift away, but regularly returns to my face. Everything that she utters while in this mode is followed by a stare, also, as if she is studying my reaction to the utterance.
This morning, she was sitting up on the sleeping bag, and talking about atrocities at the hands of her grandfather, when she was 2 years old (allegedly,) something that her gynecologist was wise to, but which never saw the light of investigation, due to the fact that she was, and still is, Mexican, and thus, wasn't worthy of the benefit of due legal process. I think she segued into a rant about finding another man, who would hold her all night and never let her go, something which I failed her upon, due to the fact that I left to go to the store in the wee hours of the morning, leaving her to feelings of abandonment.
And now, I am down here ostensibly to purchase a bus ticket to ferry her to Ocala, where we will become One again.
Yesterday, I woke up with a minimal $147.00 (down from $202, two days prior) and I cracked the whip over us going out and "working." I played the southbound off ramp and she flew her sign on the northbound, Rt. 95 and Baymeadows Rd. and we tallied $47 bucks, respectable for a Tuesday (assuming there is any respect to be maintained despite our method of acquiring it...)
One lady gave her 30 bucks, perpetuating her careless indifference over money in general. I handled the purchase of Canadian Whiskey, keeping it under 11 bucks, me being less careless and indifferent about money in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.