Thursday, January 14, 2010

Santana Claus


This morning, I woke up with $13.74.
Last night, I played at the visitors center, until the sun went down and the temperature along with it. The tourists were either hiding behind the historic buildings, or had gone home.
Karrie came along and promptly fell asleep beside me.
I took the opportunity to go into O' Malleys, hoping that Amy was working and that I could complain about the rude treatment the previous night. She wasn't.


Ok, It Was More Like This
I went to the spot by A1 Aleworks and played as fast as I could, in order to stay warm. I was down to a tank-top after about 30 minutes. The people coming out of the Aleworks and facing the cold and seeing me playing Santana at a breakneck speed in only a tank top, sighed, as if to say "we usually don't tip these guys, but this guy is brave," threw what amounted to the $13.74, plus what I put in on the whiskey (I was cycling past the liquor store, when I heard a familiar voice cry "Daniel!" She had enough for a fifth of cheap rot-gut vodka. I threw in another 3 bucks, so that we could get a bottle of something which said "smooth as silk" right on the front of the bottle. Plus, there was a caricature of the founder of the distillery, and he looked like an alright fellow...)
Karrie and I, (and the alright looking fellow) sat by a fire. We didn't argue. The evening went as smoothly as silk.
Now, it is getting warmer. Temperature of 65 degrees today, 70 by Friday.
We bathed in the lime body wash from London, which the Lidgleys sent. We smelled great. Karrie is happy.
Now I go to the same spot to play the same songs, with, hopefully the same result or better.
Myself and Carlos Santana...hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.